Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Lamictal Oral.

1/4/2008 3:57:32 PM

Comment:
it causes weakness n dizziness

1/4/2008 2:21:22 PM

Reviewer: 55 Year Old with Long History of Depression and Bulemia, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have been taking Lamictal for 9-10 years @ 100mg 2 x a day. For the first 3-6 years it worked very well. After that it stopped working for me. Currently, I am coming off the medication. The most obvious withdrawal issue has been debilitating exhaustion. It was stimulating for me in the years that it worked. My doctor said the exhaustion/stimulation is not a common effect. I think the exha ... Show Full Comment

1/3/2008 3:26:22 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
It's the first medicine that I was placed on and my doctor was shocked that it worked so well,he said that under normal circamstances it was several tries before an effective drug was found.

12/31/2007 4:44:31 PM

Reviewer: imissyousofar, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I recently started using Lamictal and I like it. This is my first medication related to my bipolar disorder though. It does make me sleep more and I am way more clumsy than usual, but other than that it works wonderfully. I now notice when I start to over react and/or start to snap at people and can work my way through it without being stubborn (most of the time). Then again everyone is differ ... Show Full Comment

12/31/2007 12:24:35 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
this has definitely leveled out my mood swings. I am more effective at rationalizing a situation and therefore I am more calm and realistic. I take this drug in combination with Effexor which has been an excellent combination.