Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Lamictal Oral.

1/9/2008 2:24:58 PM

Reviewer: 35-44 Male on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:

Condition: Bipolar Depression
1/24/2008 12:10:17 AM

Reviewer: 5150kat, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I started taking Lamictal when I had tried other drugs for severe bipolar depression and they didnt work or had very bad side effects that I couldnt tolerate. Initially I felt alot better, but It did not keep me stable and I was still severely depressed. I started ECT, and continue with Lamictal as a maintanence medication which seems to work well so far.

1/22/2008 2:30:48 AM

Reviewer: Ocelot.Emily, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
After three years of trying different anti-depressants and not feeling any better, I was diagnosed with type II bipolar disorder and put on Lamictal. It took a little while to work, but I finally feel normal again. I used to sleep for 14 or more hours a day, but now can wake up after a normal night of sleep and function. My depression has lessened greatly. I still get the occasional hypo-manic epi ... Show Full Comment

1/15/2008 9:11:03 PM

Reviewer: steph45013, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I loved loved loved this medicine! It was finally the first one to effectively treat my Bi-polar 2 disorder.. Then of course I got a severe reaction after increasing the dosage. I developed a small rash on my face and my Dr panicked, since that is a potentially deadly side effect. So again, I begin a new search.

1/8/2008 8:13:21 PM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
This was the first Bipolar medication I was put on. My depression became better than I could have imagined. Its been working for over a year..the very longest and medication has worked for me, in over 5 years for being treated with depression.