Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Lamictal Oral.

12/11/2007 8:06:36 PM

Reviewer: breethnheethn, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
I love this med. I sufferd terrible panic attacks and mood swings and this pill worked almost immdeiately. I started at 100mg and went up to 300mg. I have been on it for about 3 years now. I have stopped it a few times and noticed I was symptomatic again after about a month as it left my system. It may take a week or two before it starts to take effect. I have hd no side effects except that I wa ... Show Full Comment

12/11/2007 11:20:10 AM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I took Lamictal for 2 weeks at the lowest dose and developed the rash commonly caused by the drug. The rash wasn't as horrible as it sounds, I even thought it was just an outbreak of acne since I am 19. The rash began on my earlobes as tiny itchy blisters (which I admit I picked at). I also developed them on my back and chest.

12/10/2007 6:13:46 PM

Reviewer: Mandie_11, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I have found that I cannot take the drug with water. Once the drug hits my tongue it instantly begins to dissolve causing me to gag when I try to swallow. I have found that orange juice helps me swallow the pill better. Besides that the pills have been amazing. I can’t believe what a positive change it has brought to my family and I.

12/10/2007 11:50:24 AM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:

Condition: Bipolar Depression
12/10/2007 11:01:41 AM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I also am experiencing swollen lymph glands. Overall though it has helped a lot, and the side effects are very mild compared to other medicines I have tried.