Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of valsartan Oral.

5/27/2015 6:34:46 PM

Reviewer: Tivo4Divio, 45-54 Male on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I too was on Diovan, and was swtiched to Valsartan. Honestly my BP stays the same. I've been on Valsartan for over a year, and I only take roughly 85mg. I am usually within 117/79 even with or without 3 cups a coffee a day. It does have side affects but so did Diovan. Somethings you just give up and eat more Ice Cream Instead :)

4/23/2015 1:19:39 PM

Reviewer: TT, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
Like most other reviews I have read, Diovan was working fine until the switch to Valsartan. My b/p has never been more out of control, 161/100 etc. I believe Valsartan is just a placebo! I was taking Diovan 160, not Valsartan 320 and have even taken extra when I thought it would help. B/P doesn't budge! There should be a class action lawsuit against this drug!

3/22/2015 7:02:13 AM

Reviewer: 55-64 Male on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
Been taking the generic now since it came out and it isn't lowering my BP at all. Prior to this had good results with the brand name for at least 10 years 145/75, now I'm lucky if I can get to 154/95. now trying with doxazosin and diltiazem.

3/19/2015 1:07:20 PM

Reviewer: Hanifah43, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Converted fron Diovan to the generic Valsartan. It's not lowering my BP at all. I am taking 160 twice daily. But it just does not effect my BP. Sitting in Dr. Office right now. Waiting for her to see what else we can do, Diovan is much to costly for me, need to make Valsartan work.

3/17/2015 11:27:04 PM

Reviewer: 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
This medication is dangerous. The first day, my BP spiked higher and heart rate went into the basement. After that I experienced 24 hour dizziness, severe fatigue, heart pounding, head buzzing, headache and left arm pain. One night recently I fainted and fell on the hard floor giving me a concussion. I have been off this medicine for over a week now but it still feels like it's in my system. I ... Show Full Comment

chest x-ray