Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Celexa oral.

2099 Total User Reviews

10/29/2007 5:23:22 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I got all the side effects to this medication especially the irritations and the anger with it. I hated this drug.

10/28/2007 6:34:16 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I started to feel more like ME after just a few weeks. I started on 2o mgs and did well for a year. Then I had some major family trauma and major life changes, and started on 40mgs. I've been on 40 for a week, and I feel good. My Doc keeps a close eye on me and together we will work to lessen the dose and maybe even stop it altogether. I am very happy with my results of therapy with Celex ... Show Full Comment

10/27/2007 1:37:48 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I had severe depression and was reliving childhood abuse trauma through nightmares. I tried taking Celexa in the morning but it made me too sleepy to function. I take it at night and sleep well without any nightmares. It has returned me to a sense of normalcy--not feeling high like some other drugs tried previously. I've had no side effects and I'm generally sensitive to medications.

10/26/2007 8:50:28 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Side effect of "urinary difficulties" was an understatement---was up 10 - 15 times a night----loved how I felt all day, but just too exhausted from no sleep---and I tried this drug 10 years ago with same effects... wish I could stay on it, but....need to sleep sometime...

10/25/2007 7:10:11 PM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
Helped control major mood swings. Made me very dizzy and unable to focus at first, but after lowering the dosage I was able to gain control of that. I have worked well at this lower dose, but it might be time to up it after a year. I had tried Paxil and Prozac previously, and this has by far been the best.