Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Celexa.

2099 Total User Reviews

12/16/2007 9:25:02 AM

Reviewer: bubba, 55-64 Male on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
I reached a point that I knew I needed help. Tried prozac first-had sexual side effects. Have been taking 40 mg celexa 5 years. Those around me noticed a difference immediately without knowing I began taking medication. Tried "weaning" myself off without telling my wife-to no avail, she knew within 3 days. I am concerned about long term effects. I wished I had made the decision to tak ... Show Full Comment

12/15/2007 2:13:45 PM

Reviewer: renak, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
I had an episode of Bell's Palsy, which resulted in my being out of work on disability. This led to depression, as I am a very social, and work oriented person. One small dose of this medication has helped me cope with the depression and I have been back to work for years now. I do continue to take the medication, as when I stop my thinking is fuzzy.

12/14/2007 7:34:47 PM

Reviewer: Debi, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I just started taking this medicine, but the side effects are killing me. All I want to do is sleep, and the yawning is getting in the way of my job. My doctor says to give it more time, but I don't think it is worth it. I'm on this because my 19 yr old son was killed in a car accident.

12/14/2007 9:06:45 AM

Reviewer: chan52, 45-54 Male on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I had bad nightmares, could not sleep,could not eat or drink dairy products.Did lose 46 pounds the first year.May help you, drug not for me.

12/13/2007 3:40:47 PM

Reviewer: Calm inside, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I had gotten depressed and suicidal because of family problems with my children. It had gotten very bad with crying nonstop and even thinking about how to commit suicide. I knew I needed help. The celexa has been very helpful with the suicidal thoughts and the depression, the only things that bother me is I find it very hard to cry and like one of the other reviews I read, I feel numb. I'v ... Show Full Comment

Healthy breakfast
What are you eating?
Young man exercising on bike
How not to get sick at the gym.
Woman scrutinizing nose in mirror
Tips that work.
close up of leg with psoriasis rash