Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Celexa.

12/16/2007 9:25:02 AM

Reviewer: bubba, 55-64 Male on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
I reached a point that I knew I needed help. Tried prozac first-had sexual side effects. Have been taking 40 mg celexa 5 years. Those around me noticed a difference immediately without knowing I began taking medication. Tried "weaning" myself off without telling my wife-to no avail, she knew within 3 days. I am concerned about long term effects. I wished I had made the decision to tak ... Show Full Comment

12/15/2007 2:13:45 PM

Reviewer: renak, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
I had an episode of Bell's Palsy, which resulted in my being out of work on disability. This led to depression, as I am a very social, and work oriented person. One small dose of this medication has helped me cope with the depression and I have been back to work for years now. I do continue to take the medication, as when I stop my thinking is fuzzy.

12/14/2007 7:34:47 PM

Reviewer: Debi, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I just started taking this medicine, but the side effects are killing me. All I want to do is sleep, and the yawning is getting in the way of my job. My doctor says to give it more time, but I don't think it is worth it. I'm on this because my 19 yr old son was killed in a car accident.

12/14/2007 9:06:45 AM

Reviewer: chan52, 45-54 Male on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I had bad nightmares, could not sleep,could not eat or drink dairy products.Did lose 46 pounds the first year.May help you, drug not for me.

12/13/2007 3:40:47 PM

Reviewer: Calm inside, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I had gotten depressed and suicidal because of family problems with my children. It had gotten very bad with crying nonstop and even thinking about how to commit suicide. I knew I needed help. The celexa has been very helpful with the suicidal thoughts and the depression, the only things that bother me is I find it very hard to cry and like one of the other reviews I read, I feel numb. I'v ... Show Full Comment

How to keep flares at bay.
spinal compression fracture