Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of celexa oral.

2063 Total User Reviews

10/27/2007 1:37:48 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I had severe depression and was reliving childhood abuse trauma through nightmares. I tried taking Celexa in the morning but it made me too sleepy to function. I take it at night and sleep well without any nightmares. It has returned me to a sense of normalcy--not feeling high like some other drugs tried previously. I've had no side effects and I'm generally sensitive to medications.

10/26/2007 8:50:28 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Side effect of "urinary difficulties" was an understatement---was up 10 - 15 times a night----loved how I felt all day, but just too exhausted from no sleep---and I tried this drug 10 years ago with same effects... wish I could stay on it, but....need to sleep sometime...

10/25/2007 7:10:11 PM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
Helped control major mood swings. Made me very dizzy and unable to focus at first, but after lowering the dosage I was able to gain control of that. I have worked well at this lower dose, but it might be time to up it after a year. I had tried Paxil and Prozac previously, and this has by far been the best.

10/24/2007 10:42:41 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Male on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
While probably not for everyone, Celexa has made a wonderful difference in my ability to deal with severe depressive episodes (as well as normal day-to-day events) in my life. It has no side effects such as weight gain. I have not attempted to stop taking it, however, I went through a terrible withdrawal from Paxil a few years ago. Hopefully, Celexa won't produce similar results. I'd ... Show Full Comment

10/23/2007 4:44:01 PM

Reviewer: Sirsette, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
cry alot & have mean inner feelings