Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Ergocalciferol (Vitamin D2) Oral.

7/1/2015 4:46:16 PM

Reviewer: 75 or over Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I blamed my lack of energy on my age. At my annual check up with a new Dr. I was put on ergocalciferol 50,000 once a week and in a few weeks was feeling so much better and didn't tire so easily. I also noticed that my appetite had decreased. I was indifferent to a lot of foods especially sweets. At a follow up visit I was prescribed another 12 weeks as my levels of Vitamin D were not as h ... Show Full Comment

1/3/2015 12:55:53 PM

Reviewer: Maureen, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Dr. ordered blood test. Severely low Vit D Levels. Prescribed 50,000 units twice a week for 2 months. Just took 2nd dose after a week since the first dose caused me nausea and severe muscle pain. I was diagnosed with the flu so maybe that was it and not the effect of the pill. Trying it again to see what if any affect it has on me. Will report back in.

4/10/2014 1:20:25 AM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I had been feeling extremely tired and had no energy no matter how much I slept for almost a year. It turns out my Vitamin D level was 13.9 so the doctor put me on ergocalciferol. I have to take once a week for 3 months then retest vitamin d levels. I've been taking this for almost 2 months now and have noticed a ton of improvement. After 3 weeks of taking it I noticed I had more energy and by ... Show Full Comment

2/2/2014 7:34:46 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Have not been retested since started-50,000 every week. My lower back is hurting constantly since treatment began. Is this a side effect anyone else has had?

6/29/2013 9:51:33 AM

Reviewer: norlene2@aol.com, 75 or over Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I lost most of my tast about the same time I srarted taking this drug could this be the cause norlene2@aol.com I am a 79 yr old male

chest x-ray