Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of allopurinol Oral.

6/8/2014 5:22:52 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
Just a note to let others know that I took allopurinol for over a year, but due to uric acid not lowering as much as my Dr. wanted he raised my dosage to 300mg and I broke out in an itchy rash on my legs. I did not think it was the med so I treated it for a while with otc creams. Then I went to Dr. and he took me off of it and rash cleared within a couple of weeks. Not all drug allergies are im ... Show Full Comment

5/12/2014 11:17:30 PM

Reviewer: 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
uncontrollable passing of gas even in public, is there any other drug that won.t cause this problem?

5/5/2014 12:49:12 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Male on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
Had gout in both knees and left ankle. Started allopurinol in Jan,2012 completely pain free as of Mar. 1st.2012. haven't had gout attack since. Works great for me!

4/12/2014 7:04:39 PM

Reviewer: chiefpygmy, 55-64 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Gout since 2004, constant attacks since oct 2013. Mar 2014 started allopurinol, doc didn't prescribe colchisine to go with big mistake. gout in left knee and right foot, cant walk. what a nightmare.

4/4/2014 12:04:16 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Back on this drug after many years. I am taking 300mg per day after titrating from 100mg I also take a single does of 0.6 colchicine per day which I will do for a year. My last experience with this drug caused severe goat attacks as my uric acid was being reduced. So far, no attacks after 2 months and I attribute this to the colchicine. I will say that I must eat with this medication and I get occ ... Show Full Comment

Heart-Shaped Fried Egg
Can you benefit from them?
How to make the best choices for you.
Adult man lying awake in bed
How to recognize them.
smiling woman
Fight the effects of getting older.
chicken and veggie kabobs
What are you eating tonight?