Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Doxycycline Hyclate Oral.

5/19/2008 11:48:55 AM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
It has been very effective in controlling my adult acne. I do get nausiated and have more frequent headaches, especially if I have not eaten enough. I used 100mgs 2x per day with a combination of a topical cream.

4/21/2008 12:55:57 AM

Reviewer: pinbacklady, 19-24 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I take it it every morning, love the results it has but I have to eat a heavy breakfast with it. Taken with an empty stomach, I find myself vomiting within a 1/2 hour and am down & out for the rest of the day. very unpleasant, other than that-no other complaints.

4/15/2008 4:50:06 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I've been using this 2x a day for nearly a month with some results. I still have breakouts but they are not as bad. The side affects are pretty nasty--nausea, headaches, and severe vaginal irritation. I plan on asking my dermatologist for a different medication since the cons far outweigh the pros.

3/28/2008 9:26:58 AM

Reviewer: DLB86, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I take this med for folliculitis and acne. It works wonders on the skin, but the side effects are horrible. When taken on an empty stomach I feel sick within minutes and I end up vomitting soon there after. I prefer to take it 30 minutes before going to bed. Don't just stop taking the meds, experiment with different ways to take (times, with/without food) until you find something that ... Show Full Comment

3/27/2008 5:12:59 PM

Reviewer: bboston, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
I love the fact that it controls my acne problem, because I get it bad. However, one of the side effects I get are yeast infections. That's the part that I hate.

How to keep flares at bay.
spinal compression fracture