Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of doxycycline hyclate oral.

1/24/2015 10:44:39 PM

Reviewer: GreenOlive, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    I can definitely see a difference from not using it, but I have learned you have got to take it with food on your stomach, because if not it makes you sick. My pimples are not getting as big as they use to and they don't last as long.

12/14/2014 12:05:19 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    I have had an acne problem for about 5 years used everything possible which would work for awhile and then it would stop, decided to to to the dermatologist and she gave me this along with some topical creams. I have been using Doxycycline for 3 weeks,I still get break outs but they do go away faster and much smaller then usual. The doctor did say can get worse(hope not), cause dry skin which i am ... Show Full Comment

12/9/2014 7:19:56 PM

Reviewer: HapaMommy, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    Started taking this after having acne flare ups. It's been 4 weeks and the nausea and stomach pain is terrible. I already have a sensitive stomach and I have to take probiotics daily to combat the nausea and pains. My skin feels softer and has reacted swiftly, the few remaining lesions are healing quickly and I had only a couple pimples that are not huge. I recommend taking probiotics in the m ... Show Full Comment

11/14/2014 12:21:13 PM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    I have been using this for 3 weeks now and I see a difference but not a drastic change. My body started reacting by the second week; I get really bad nausea and I throw up right after I take it. I cant hold anything down once I take it. I'm considering talking to my doctor to see if there is ant other options.

8/3/2014 1:42:05 PM

Reviewer: 13-18 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    I had moderately severe acne for 4 years until I started this medication. Now I rarely break out unless I'm on my period. As long as I take it with food, I have no side effects.