Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of hydralazine oral.

6/30/2014 7:57:01 AM

Reviewer: 75 or over Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
My dad, an 81 year old man, with kidney issues, started taking 25 mg of hydralazine 3 times a day. Blood pressure would not decrease. Told doctor. Increased to 50 mg 3xday. My dad's blood pressure would not go down but raced up and he could listen his heart pounding by his chest and ears. he could not sleep. Stopped medication. Waiting to call doctor today. Heard about Losartan about a ... Show Full Comment

6/16/2014 4:39:12 PM

Reviewer: frea99, 65-74 Male (Patient)

Comment:
Began taking 50mg twice dailey, at raised my Hydralazine caused heart rate to double my normal rate and I could feel my beating heart pounding in my chest and ears. BP went up not down.could not sleep. stopped taking, changed doctors.

5/20/2014 2:17:35 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I have a headache 24/7. I can feel every nerve in my arms and legs when the dose starts wearing off. At night when I'm laying in bed my feet burn. I have to pee a lot. I am tired all the time. I hate this medicine. I can't wait for my next dr. appointment to switch to a different med.

4/9/2014 9:54:00 AM

Reviewer: pelaine13, 65-74 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I have been on this medication for approximately 3 months and was just dismissed from the hospital where I had to have 8 feet of my intestines removed. I was shocked when I started to review my medications and found that intestinal paralysis was one of the side effects.

4/8/2014 10:04:12 PM

Reviewer: 75 or over Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)