Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of medroxyprogesterone oral.

10/15/2008 10:55:11 PM

Reviewer: Tori, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
On my fifth time taking this medicine, I bled like a race horse.

10/14/2008 8:04:41 PM

Reviewer: not4me, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Since the first dose, the side effects started. I'm on day 5, and the side effects only get worst. My periods were light with little to no cramping, hardly any mood swings, all & all I had a cycle every women wished they had. I felt better without this medication. I'm going to let my body do what it needs to do without the help of pill's. As I said, I felt better without this medic ... Show Full Comment

10/6/2008 12:03:30 PM

Reviewer: MissMaria, 19-24 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I was on the depo shot and went off it due to the "bad things"i heard. I have not have a mestrual cylce in over a year since being off the shot. I recently was given progesterone to jumpstart my period. I have finished the 10 day supply and still not sort of period. Thhe first couple days were extreme pain cramps, but other than that no other side effects. My dr. said not to worry that I ... Show Full Comment

10/3/2008 10:46:23 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
This is my first time with this medication and I'm waiting for my ten days to be up to see if my period has come. Overall I've never gotten side-effects from a medication like the one's I'm getting now. They are really uncomfortable. Dizziness and a bit of the shakes, I am not enjoying it.

9/16/2008 7:48:19 PM

Reviewer: CjsWife7707, 19-24 Female

Comment:
I have been taking this medication since March of this year. I had recently got off of birth control in November of last year, and i had been on it for 3 years. Welp, since Nov. i havent had my period, on my own. And with this med, the first period i had was ok it lasted for a couple of days but then ended. The second time it only lasted 4 days, then(lol) i took it a third time and it lasted 2. No ... Show Full Comment