Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of medroxyprogesterone oral.

10/19/2013 10:03:47 AM

Reviewer: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
i have just started taking this due to no period for 4 years. I noticed while reading through the reviews that it didn't work for many women. I was told by the doctor that if 5 days after taking it I hadn't started my period I needed to go in immediately for a d&c. I just thought I would share that for those of you which don't know what to do next.

10/7/2013 6:25:07 PM

Reviewer: jp, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
53 yo, have had 3 periods in the last 2.5 years but Doc says I'm not in menopause according to blood test. I tried this for 3 months last year. I had terrible pain in my legs from what felt like lack of circulation so I stopped. Never had a period. Now doc wants me to start taking again (she didn't know I went off). Going in for a uterine biopsy in a couple of days.

8/20/2013 6:25:55 PM

Reviewer: GreenDucky, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I am on this medication because I have PCOS. My doctore wants me to take it to start my period to do testing. I havent been regular for over two years. My husband and I want to have children. My question is has anyone had blood in their stool while taking this medication?

4/25/2013 11:20:01 AM

Reviewer: Merle, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month

Comment:
51 yr old, 4-5 periods in last year, doc prescribed to give more periods. Took from 1st to 10th of this month - two weeks later still no period. Feel that it altered my moods somewhat. Reluctant to continue due to other known side effects.

1/1/2013 10:00:05 PM

Reviewer: tleea23@aim.com, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Tonight is the first night of taken this. I have the implanon put it i had it for 3 years periods were fine got them whenever got this one put it oct 1st 2012 and didnt have a period for like 5 months before and still jan 1st today havent had it. I just took my first pill. She gave me 10 pills one pill a day for ten days. Im so nervous since this is the first time having to take this and im nervo ... Show Full Comment