Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of methyldopa Oral.

6/4/2014 9:19:19 PM

Reviewer: kmilz, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I seem to be alone in this, but I suffered no side effects except the decreased blood pressure. My nephrologist put me on it for the duration of my first pregnancy, and I have taken it for 2 more months while trying to conceive again. No problems!

5/12/2013 7:12:23 PM

Reviewer: Dots, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Started taking this because it was safe to get pregnant on. Within a month of taking it I was sleeping between 16-20 hours a day and could barely keep myself awake. This caused lots of muscle and joint pain and ultimately very painful chest pain. After getting the chest pain, I stopped taking it. A couple days later, I went to the ER where they diagnosed me with atypical chest pain. (Inflamed ster ... Show Full Comment

4/20/2013 10:33:23 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
feet/ankle/leg swelling

3/21/2013 4:25:16 PM

Reviewer: Redtbar, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I just started this yesterday. 250mg 2x daily. I am tired and very sick to my stomach. The pharmacy said to give it a couple of days. I have not called my doctor yet I am still not sure. We are trying to conceive so I was told this is my only route.

9/8/2011 1:23:51 AM

Reviewer: mommy, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
This medicine was terrible I had every side effect and it did not control my BP I would not recommend it to anyone I spent more time in the ER and the hospital for serious side effects then I did at home while I was taking it.

Healthy breakfast
What are you eating?
Young man exercising on bike
How not to get sick at the gym.
Woman scrutinizing nose in mirror
Tips that work.
close up of leg with psoriasis rash