Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of methyldopa Oral.

9/8/2011 1:23:51 AM

Reviewer: mommy, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
This medicine was terrible I had every side effect and it did not control my BP I would not recommend it to anyone I spent more time in the ER and the hospital for serious side effects then I did at home while I was taking it.

7/11/2011 1:18:00 AM

Reviewer: bc, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:

Condition: High Blood Pressure
2/5/2011 7:44:39 PM

Reviewer: Lisa, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have been taking Methyldopa for the last 18 months (250mg, 3x/day). I have HBP which is secondary to Polycystic Kidney disease. I started taking it because my partner and I are TTC. After 11 months of trying I became pregnant but lost the baby 3 months later (that was 2 months ago). Today I went to the Dr. because my BP was 156/113 (at home - after having rested for 15 minutes). The Dr. inf ... Show Full Comment

11/28/2010 2:07:21 AM

Reviewer: shanell, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Well I was started on this medication, because I became pregenant and have an issue with HBP. I was started on 500mg twice a day, then moved up to 500mg three times a day. This medication has helped some with my HBP, however I still lost the baby. I started spotting and still is spotting. I'm wondering if this drug had anything to do with me losing the baby???

6/29/2010 1:06:55 PM

Reviewer: bizzybee, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
Took meds after developing HBP and Trying to conceive. Dosage was upped 500mg 3x a day after 8 months. It helped my BP...for a while. It stopped working, FATIGUE, mood changes, dizzy feeling all the time period stopped for 2months after final dosage increased. Liver function test show elevated levels and I switched to labetalol last week. My doc is testing me for Liver function, HEP B and HEP C wh ... Show Full Comment

chest x-ray