Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of methyldopa oral.

11/28/2010 2:07:21 AM

Reviewer: shanell, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    Well I was started on this medication, because I became pregenant and have an issue with HBP. I was started on 500mg twice a day, then moved up to 500mg three times a day. This medication has helped some with my HBP, however I still lost the baby. I started spotting and still is spotting. I'm wondering if this drug had anything to do with me losing the baby???

6/29/2010 1:06:55 PM

Reviewer: bizzybee, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
    Took meds after developing HBP and Trying to conceive. Dosage was upped 500mg 3x a day after 8 months. It helped my BP...for a while. It stopped working, FATIGUE, mood changes, dizzy feeling all the time period stopped for 2months after final dosage increased. Liver function test show elevated levels and I switched to labetalol last week. My doc is testing me for Liver function, HEP B and HEP C wh ... Show Full Comment

4/28/2010 4:33:26 PM

Reviewer: Amber, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
    Started taking this medication because my husband and I wanted to try for a baby. Took it for 1 year and suffered through extreme fatigue, extreme dry mouth, muscle pains, lack of motivation, dizziness. Had no ambition to leave home at least not before a nap. Continued to take hoping it was best for possible pregnancy. Never got pregnant. After doing more research found this could make pregnancy d ... Show Full Comment

10/14/2009 12:16:47 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    I started taking this med b/c we are trying to get pregnant, this one should be safe for my baby. After one week of taking twice a day, my BP was back down to 110/78. I have seen it as high as 174/102, so this is great news. The first 3-4 doses I did get a little sleepy and dizzy feeling but for those results I will sleep for a bit.

10/12/2009 4:04:08 PM

Reviewer: Julie, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    I was recently switched to Methyldopa in June of this year. My husband and I are planning on extending our family so this was a safe medication for me. I was currently on Micardis which I didn't like. Methyldopa has been fantastic. I have no side effects and my blood pressure has been great.

handful of vegetables and vitamins
    Diet tips and mistakes.