Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of methyldopa oral.

10/14/2009 12:16:47 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I started taking this med b/c we are trying to get pregnant, this one should be safe for my baby. After one week of taking twice a day, my BP was back down to 110/78. I have seen it as high as 174/102, so this is great news. The first 3-4 doses I did get a little sleepy and dizzy feeling but for those results I will sleep for a bit.

10/12/2009 4:04:08 PM

Reviewer: Julie, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I was recently switched to Methyldopa in June of this year. My husband and I are planning on extending our family so this was a safe medication for me. I was currently on Micardis which I didn't like. Methyldopa has been fantastic. I have no side effects and my blood pressure has been great.

10/12/2009 6:43:34 AM

Reviewer: Dawn Anonymous, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I started with 250 mg twice daily, and then after three weeks was moved to 500 mg twice daily. This was to decrease the chances of me fainting due to side effects. I have experienced dry mouth, dizziness, and a few other mild side effects but they always go away within 3-5 days. I am also trying to conceive, so I was switched to this from diovan. I recommend anyone taking it to up the dose slowly ... Show Full Comment

10/7/2009 1:04:18 PM

Reviewer: ashleighrk21@aol.com, 19-24 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
i havent started takin it yet but with the way my other med was for my blood pressure i dont know if i want to use it. i guess if its better for me and my baby then i will if i have problems then i will let everybody know

9/18/2009 9:41:21 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have been taking this for over 5 years. When I was first diagnosed as having HBP I was trying to get pregnant, so my DR prescribed this. Finally, after 2 pregnancies, I have decided to continue using Methyldopa as I have had no adverse reactions to it, and it seems to keep my blood pressure in the normal range.

highlighted areas of the brain
How well do you know yours?
mature woman with serious expression
What do you know?
Separate fact from fiction.