Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of methyldopa oral.

12/8/2008 11:35:03 AM

Reviewer: justwant2know28216, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
This medication wa changed on me one month when I ordered a refill for my blood pressure pills that I had been taking normally. During the month that I took these pills I experience dizziness, nausea, and I felt like I didn't have the strength to get out of the bed in the mornings. I am now back on my pills that I was on before and I feel fine.

11/18/2008 4:12:55 PM

Reviewer: Jaynee T, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I had never felt so tired or so dizzy since taking this medication. I could only manage one table a day opposed to two, driving was a nightmare and I used to zonk out every night after dinner, and ache all over. My eye lids had started to twitch and I had frequent cramps. For some reason I had to stop wearing any perfumed products as my skin became sensitive, and my eyebrows fell out. My ... Show Full Comment

9/27/2008 9:17:54 AM

Reviewer: madcat, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I took 3 pills a day for a few weeks because I suffer from High blood pressure and wanted to become pregnant. It made me feel exhausted not to mention a lack of periods. I didn't have a period for 2 months and went to see my doctor only to be told the tablets were the problem.

1/7/2008 11:04:33 PM

Reviewer: love, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month

Comment:

Condition: High Blood Pressure
1/7/2008 10:27:34 PM

Reviewer: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I take methyldopa (aldomet) for pregnancy induced hypertension (postpartum). Dr. started me on atenolol (100 mg) which didn't lower the BP enough, so she added methyldopa (250 mg, 3 times a day). This worked. I now take it only 2 times a day and it is still working. At first felt very tired when taking it, but now I've gotten used to the drugs and have no side effects.