Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of minoxidil oral.

11/13/2009 12:02:20 PM

Reviewer: just me, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    Although it is working really well for my blood pressure, both my parents had HBP and mine is just hereditary, minoxidil has caused me to have extreme hair growth on my face and neck. I already have very thick hair on my head. This is very hard to control and deal with on a daily basis as I am in a job where I am out in public every day. I cannot afford laser treatments and the OTC remidies are n ... Show Full Comment

10/11/2009 1:04:24 PM

Reviewer: beach101, on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    It's helping my BP...but I have gained 9 lbs in 4 weeks. I have worked very hard to lose 30 lbs through diet and excercise and don't want to gain one more ounce. Definately talking to my dr about this to see if there is another alternative med as I cannot diuretics as I am allergic to sulfa meds.

10/8/2009 2:32:10 AM

Reviewer: MEANER53, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months

Comment:
    minOxidil caused hair growth my my face and body, gained 3o pounds in 6 weeks.my blood pressure shot up.I AM GOING CRAZY WITH IS MEDICATION. AS SOON AS I STARTED THIS MEDICATION, MY HEALTH WENT DOWN THE DRAIN, I HAVE CONSTANT CHEST PAIN, MY BODY HAS SWELLED UP. I AM SO DEPRESS THAT I CAN'T FUNCTION I WAS NEVER TOLD ABOUT HAIR GROWTH BY MY DOCTOR. I AM A FEMALE, WHY WOULD I LIKE TO HAVE HAI ... Show Full Comment

8/30/2009 6:52:01 PM

Reviewer: Spiritual, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
    In taking minoxidil I have experienced excessive water gain and hair growing.

6/18/2009 11:28:06 PM

Reviewer: MisTwit, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    I have been experiencing a terrible body itching all over, especially on the chest, upper arms, now has turned into a rash.I have been taking it for 10 days, have gained 9 pounds, my feet and legs are all swollen, and I itch!!! Seeing my Dr. tomorrow to talk about it and possibly get a different drug for high blood pressure, I just cant take this anymore.