Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of quinine sulfate oral.

1/4/2013 10:36:52 AM

Reviewer: Olliechops, 75 or over Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I suffered with leg night cramps and taking one 200g tablet every night has stopped the cramps. Additionally, I am now able to really have a good body stretch when I wake up without getting cramp.

11/22/2012 11:09:10 PM

Reviewer: GreenThumb, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
I used to get "charley horses" in my legs that were so severe that I would wake up screaming--more than once I scared my husband out of his wits to the point he was ready to call an ambulance! I Took "Qualiquin" (I think that was the name) for many years; worked GREAT! Now the FDA has decreed that it doesn't work on leg cramps. Hmph! Obviously, no-one there has had ... Show Full Comment

8/13/2012 10:40:31 PM

Reviewer: mary jordan, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
I took quinine for years to prevent nocturnal leg cramps, until the FDA took it away---yes I have severe tinnitis, but it does not effect my hearing--I am 78 yrs old and can hear a spider walk across the floor---lately I have started having frequent leg cramps at night--sometimes 5 or 6 a night, which, needless to say, interrupts my sleep a great deal--I want to start back taking quinine even i ... Show Full Comment

8/1/2012 8:27:24 AM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
I experience cramps in my feet and the drug works almost immediately. My doctor told me the drug is no longer available. I'm researching to find out if that is true.

4/29/2012 8:08:23 AM

Reviewer: 65-74 Male on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
It is the only way I can get relief from severe leg and foot cramps at night. I normally one 325 mg capsule about twice to three times a month.