Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of prazosin oral.

Condition: Chronic Post Traumatic Stress Disorder with Trauma-related Nightmares
    10/28/2014 6:11:53 AM

Reviewer: A, 19-24 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    Was recommended this drug for nightmares. Although it did prevent nightmares, I had every negative side effect known, including spells of fainting, extreme weakness, lightheadedness, and nausea, forcing me to miss several days of classes. The doctor had me stop taking the drug after the first day, so I can't vouch for how the drug works over time.

8/23/2014 12:45:28 AM

Comment:
    I started taking this for my nightmares and PTSD and while it doesn't fix everything, and I still find myself staying up late unable to fall asleep, once I do get to sleep I don't have any nightmares and sleep through the night. I had dizziness when I first started taking it and occasionally I'll get a bit lightheaded but otherwise, it worked great for me.

8/16/2014 2:23:11 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

7/25/2014 10:33:35 PM

Comment:
    After two nights of taking it, I started getting more nightmares and sleeping terribly. Five days in and I've had the worst anxiety attack I had ever had in my life. I know meds work differently for different people. This medicine has definitely not worked for me. I am in the process of recovering from the attack and sleep deprivation.

11/17/2013 6:11:48 PM

Reviewer: Archangel, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
    This drug has stopped my night terrors and nightmares. Helped me sleep sometimes. Although it has given me incontinence which I really hate and also I am unable to achieve orgasm anymore. I don't know for sure if this drug is causing it but I think it is because of it being a blood pressure thing. So am thinking of stopping it altogether due to these side effects. Its not worth it peeing in my ... Show Full Comment