Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of primidone oral.

9/10/2008 4:43:49 PM

Reviewer: cdp, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
Had trouble building a tolerance; took much longer to work up to a higher dose than my doctor had prescribed. I also had hallucination-type dreams and sleep disturbances at first, but stuck with it because I noticed an improvement in my voice tremors. Most of those unpleasant side effects have disappeared. Still, I can't tolerate the 250mg/day my doctor wants; have to settle with 150. Some day ... Show Full Comment

6/21/2008 5:26:46 PM

Reviewer: rick@nixinprinting.com, 45-54 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Started on Inderal now at 120mg, added one-half 50mg tab Primidone, now at two tabs per day going to three. Still have the tremors I hope 3 tabs makes a difference. Now I get headaches I never got before taking meds. Tired endlessly. Tremors are a nuisance when talking and eating.

6/14/2008 1:10:34 PM

Reviewer: chet, 75 or over Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:

Condition: Essential Tremor
6/4/2008 11:11:39 AM

Reviewer: klockemy, 25-34 Male on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I was diagnosed with benign hand tremors by my neurologist. I was prescribed Primidone 50mg. This stuff is great, no more hand tremors and a return of strength to the effected hand. I was a little drowsy the first week of taking it, but when taken at bedtime, it can actually help you sleep. Now, I don't get the sleepy side effects, but my hand is tremor free. Even if I miss a dose, my han ... Show Full Comment

5/7/2008 3:55:09 PM

Reviewer: tprochko@aol.com, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I experienced unusually high drowsiness and my head felt like it was whiling which was interfering with my work. I do not recommend this medication if you have a job which requires alertness. I had to leave work. There is a hang-over effect into the next day. I am one of the few who cannot tolerate this medication. My neurologist prescibed this for essential tremor.

bloodstream
Tips to help prevent clots.
checking blood sugar
Symptoms, diagnosis and treatment.
Live and thrive.
gloved hand holding syringe
10 preventable diseases.
man eating meal
Folates, green tea and more.
Woman with stressed, fatigue
Get relief tips.
restroom sign
Food and drinks that make you go.
Understanding RA.