Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of metoprolol succinate Oral.

9/18/2008 2:54:42 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
My dr. initially prescribed this for me (1/2 pill daily of 50 mg pill) after i ran into financial problems and couldn't afford the copay for Toprol XL. He also prescribed Lisinopril (had to stop due to extreme coughing) so he increased metoprolol to 2x daily. I am tired, achy, but my BP is down to 123/84. We will see what happens. I'm hoping it wears off.

9/5/2008 3:06:59 AM

Reviewer: jen, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I began taking toprol xl 50mg 2yrs ago for high blood pressure and heart surgery.With toprol xl I had no problems other than being tired on occasion.then I went to pick up my prescription from Walgreens and they gave me metoprolol succinate 50mg.I am only 28 and I was so tired I couldn't wake up in the morning and would sleep through my alarm.After 7yrs at the same job with no problems I ended ... Show Full Comment

8/14/2008 7:28:09 PM

Reviewer: Dave, 45-54 Male on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I quit taking as i received no lowering of HB. and was having many side efects. which i wa snot wrned of by the doctor nor my pharmacist. They don;t even give out the drug company sheets on the side efects like they did in the old days. they simply have you sign saying you did get them. I am now on a natural remedy that is working and no side effects.

8/12/2008 8:19:23 AM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I am 47 years old and have been taking Metoprolol succ 25mg for about 1 1/2 months. I am very tired all the time and have joint pains as if I have the flu. I have trouble sleeping at night because I can hear my heart racing. Before being on this medication I was not having any of these side effects. I am going to my Dr. and telling him to take me off of this medication. I feel like I am in someone ... Show Full Comment

8/4/2008 9:30:23 PM

Reviewer: arp, 55-64 Male on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
high blood preasure