Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of perphenazine Oral.

4/26/2010 7:58:36 PM

Reviewer: mamawuzzy@yahoo.com, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
My Dr. gave me this drug for sleep problems. I read nothing about helping insomnia. It did not help at all, as a matter of fact, it may have made it harder to sleep.

2/27/2010 9:19:41 AM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female (Patient)

Comment:
went to best hospital available (MAYO MN) was taken off Abilify and Geodon and perphenazine med. has helped so much. low side effects for me and leveled out hypomania and depression at same time. have been on for almost 6 weeks and feeling better every week! thank goodness for Mayo doctors who realized a old yet still very effective med. would work.

10/18/2009 2:00:13 PM

Reviewer: dan r., 25-34 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
It made me hallucinate and disallusionment, made me extremly sick at my stomach. It made me go into extremly bad hot flash and perfusly sweat. I connot tolerate this medication not even a small dose.

10/5/2009 6:01:45 PM

Reviewer: jimbo, 35-44 Male on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
worked for me. better than cymbalta, better than geodon, didnt mess with brain chemistry(taking 4-6 weeks to start and stop). 5 stars. cheaper than geodon ($50 vs. $720)

3/22/2009 3:14:40 AM

Reviewer: Now Sane and Happy, 45-54 Male on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
I tried many other psych drugs before finding out perphenazine worked best for me. It is one of the older neroleptics but is just as efective as the newer drugs of this type. One of my doctors took me off it and gave me Zyprexa insted and the Zyprexa made me gain 50 lbs, which I now can't loose. So now I'm back on perphenazine and it works great for me. I take 12mg once a day. It makes me ... Show Full Comment