Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of sotalol oral.

3/24/2009 7:37:58 PM

Reviewer: jlipp, 25-34 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I was diagnosed with A-Flutter/A-Fib. I had ablation done and was put on this medication for 80mg twice a day. I had no side effects after three weeks so far.

3/23/2009 10:31:58 AM

Reviewer: goodheart, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I have been on Sotalol for about 6 weeks, and it has done a pretty good job of decreasing my AFib. I still have occasional very slight episodes that last only a few seconds. However, I am trying to decide if the side effects are worth taking this drug. These have included numbness in my fingers, as well as episodes when I would get very hot and clammy. Those side effects eased off when we cut ... Show Full Comment

3/19/2009 10:02:03 PM

Reviewer: vanemail, 45-54 Male on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have been on Sotalol (Betapace) for two years for fast and irregular heartbeat. I haven't had one episode since starting the drug. My heart rate is usually around 55 to 65 bpm and very regular. It also happens to also keep my blood pressure down to 120/80 or less. A great drug. It took a few weeks when first starting the drug to get over some initial fatigue, but that went away relative ... Show Full Comment

3/16/2009 1:15:30 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
this med just doesn't seem to have a long enough effective time for me. I now take 120 in the am and 120 at night and I still swing into A fib for at least 3 or 4 hours a day. we might try split doses so I take some at 6 hour inter.

3/4/2009 10:04:09 PM

Reviewer: David, 65-74 Male on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
Mayo doctor put me on 80mg twice a day for atrial flutter after a cardiac conversion. It apparently took care of the flutter very well; after 8 or 9 months we reduced to one-half 80 mg pill twice a day. Experience some flutter occasionally (every 4 or 5 months) but ends with rest. Interestingly each flutter has come after 2 or 3 glasses of red wine! I'm limiting my intake of red wine!

How to keep flares at bay.
spinal compression fracture