Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of sotalol oral.

3/19/2009 10:02:03 PM

Reviewer: vanemail, 45-54 Male on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have been on Sotalol (Betapace) for two years for fast and irregular heartbeat. I haven't had one episode since starting the drug. My heart rate is usually around 55 to 65 bpm and very regular. It also happens to also keep my blood pressure down to 120/80 or less. A great drug. It took a few weeks when first starting the drug to get over some initial fatigue, but that went away relative ... Show Full Comment

3/16/2009 1:15:30 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
this med just doesn't seem to have a long enough effective time for me. I now take 120 in the am and 120 at night and I still swing into A fib for at least 3 or 4 hours a day. we might try split doses so I take some at 6 hour inter.

3/4/2009 10:04:09 PM

Reviewer: David, 65-74 Male on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
Mayo doctor put me on 80mg twice a day for atrial flutter after a cardiac conversion. It apparently took care of the flutter very well; after 8 or 9 months we reduced to one-half 80 mg pill twice a day. Experience some flutter occasionally (every 4 or 5 months) but ends with rest. Interestingly each flutter has come after 2 or 3 glasses of red wine! I'm limiting my intake of red wine!

12/7/2008 10:25:47 PM

Reviewer: eagle, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
My doctor started me on this in November and I was very happy with it. Then he tried to do an ablation and my heart would not go into a-fib. He took me off of it suddenly and last night I had some awful heart beats and since it is the weekend I took the sotalol this morning and tonight I am in a-fib but am feeling much better. I think I should have been taken off this slow even though I have only ... Show Full Comment

12/5/2008 2:46:45 PM

Reviewer: heart patient, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
treatment has been adequate although Holter 48 hour showed still 10 beats of fibrillation.