Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of valproic acid Oral.

«Previous 16-20 of 20
4/28/2009 11:39:20 PM

Reviewer: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I am a 135lb female who was put on 1500mg of this immediately and was told that my blood level was fine, I was almost comatose! I couldn't get off the couch for days on end, finally my local doctor lowered my dose and I am now down to 250mg daily--I fell human again, I'll take the depression over this!

10/27/2008 8:17:41 AM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
On this and Abilify. I'm not quite feeling myself just yet. This medication gives me bad heartburn. I also experience blurred vision after taking my meds. Not so much weight gain, but it does make my head feel a little funny.

12/24/2007 10:23:08 AM

Reviewer: MTgirl, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I am Bipolar and have a seizure disorder. I am frustrated that I have to take 10 - 250mg pills to get the correct does. That's a lot of pills! It is also the only medication I can afford. I have hair loss and hand tremors. I don't know about weight gain. I don't think I can attribute all my weight gain to my meds. I'm lazy. I don't feel it controls all my bipolar sympto ... Show Full Comment

11/17/2007 11:54:07 AM

Reviewer: 45-54 Male on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
Recetly diagnosed with Bi-Polar. First medication. Worked great on mood with pleasant side effect of deminished food intolerances. No more lactose intolerance etc. Downside it caused hands to swell and severe joint pain in already damaged knees. Changed to DIVALPROEX. Mood correction the same but food intolerance came back.

10/30/2007 5:35:42 PM

Reviewer: jl1971, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
You have to take so many of the pills. But this seemed to be the only generic brand of mood-stabilizer I could find and that's all my insurance would cover. I was on Depakote which is my preference.

«Previous 16-20 of 20

Does your kid have symptoms?