Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Sensipar oral.

2/16/2009 8:22:35 AM

Reviewer: nightmax, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    Hi, I'm talking a host of medication now while awaiting a kidney transplant. I sympathize with those of you who are taking yet another drug, but my real question now is that I started the medication and expected a little naseau or tummy upset, not a full blown rush to ememergency for severe stomach pain the next day! Although they said it might have been a paratoneal infection I find that real ... Show Full Comment

10/9/2008 5:36:58 AM

Reviewer: Warner, 35-44 Male on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
    Sensipar is to decrease the PTH, however it also reduced my Calcium and Phosphorus. The decrease in Calcium made it easier for me to take Phos Lo for my binder, which is much cheaper than the others. My bone pain has also went away. I am now on a transplant list.

5/5/2008 2:03:37 PM

Reviewer: Marcie, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
    my nephlogist has written prescriptions for Rocaltrol, Calcitriol, zemplar, and sensipar. My insurance company will not pay for these medications. They said that they are not covered by our plan. What is so different about these medications that insurance will not cover them?

3/4/2008 1:58:06 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    I've been taking this medication for about 2 months now and the only thing I've noticed is that my calcium level has decreased. It has not done anything for my phos. level and I am getting discouraged with the medication. It doesn't seem to be helping in the specific areas that I was encouraged to take the medicine for.

12/2/2007 12:33:21 AM

Reviewer: old granny, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
    When I first took it there was a good reaction. So much so I had to stop taking the medcine. My doseage was doubled and I appears to not be working now. I have been taking the medication for over a year with little improvement.