Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of acetylcysteine.

«Previous 6-10 of 10
7/6/2011 9:14:57 AM

Reviewer: James Beard, 65-74 Male on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have been taking this medication for 3 years for pulnmonary fibrosis and it is definitely helping contain the progressiveness of the disease. I am now experiencing a severe problem with availability of this drug. Is it being discontinued or another drug replacing it? I am very concerned about this situation!

4/23/2009 2:55:22 PM

Reviewer: Thankful, 25-34 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I am a moderate to severe asthmatic down to 55% breathing capibilities at 31 yrs of age. After 3 months of use I am now up to 85%. I was recently off this product for 5 straight days and I had a major asthma attack 2 days ago. I rushed to get a refill of my script as I was out of town an within about 4 hrs of taking this I was in better shape along with my inhalor. I am very glad to be on this p ... Show Full Comment

3/24/2009 10:19:33 AM

Reviewer: e.perrington@yahoo.com, 45-54 Female (Patient)

Comment:
i have just vbeen dignosed with Atelectasis and my Dr. tells me that it is avery small deflation in my lung and mucous in the upper left lobe. I am curious about the treatments and AWEBMD has been most helpful. I know know that i need to get a CT Scan every 3 months. When i am put on any medications, i will post itto you and let you know how well it works for me. I thank you so very much for your ... Show Full Comment

10/1/2008 4:28:12 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month

Comment:
FINE

8/20/2008 10:04:39 PM

Reviewer: KT, 25-34 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
sore throat with a lot of sputum. after drink this Mucil200, which contain Acetylcysteine 200mg. I have felt better and release my throat.

«Previous 6-10 of 10