Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of xifaxan oral.

2/17/2009 4:57:11 AM

Reviewer: NAT, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
THIS MEDICATION HAS CHANGED MY LIFE. FOR THE LAST YEAR I HAVE BEEN HAVING BOUTS (USUALLY 4-5 DAYS/WEEK)WITH BELCHING ACCOMPANIED BY THE SMELL OF ROUGHTEN EGGS, IT WOULD START OUT THEN GET WORSE AND WORSE WITH SEVERE BLOATING AND STOMACH PAIN. AFTER AN ESSENTIALLY NEGATIVE EGD, I WAS DIAGNOSED WITH AN OVERGROWTH OF BACTERIA IN MY SMALL INTESTINE, SO MY DOC PRESCRIBED XIFAXAN. I COULD NOT BELIEVE HO ... Show Full Comment

1/13/2009 4:50:08 PM

Reviewer: profxena, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
This is the only drug that has helped my IBS. I would have no life without taking it daily.

1/10/2009 8:39:41 PM

Reviewer: Tomscott, 55-64 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I have an internal "J pouch" created by my surgeon when my colon was removed 19 years ago due to cancer. I get frequent "pouchitis" because of bacteria, etc. which further increases my diarrhea problems because I don't have a colon. I had been on Cipro on and off for 14 years to clean out the bacteria in the pouch but had mixed results. I started taking Xifaxan 3 months ... Show Full Comment

12/29/2008 11:53:08 AM

Reviewer: row1947play@gmail.com, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I did not not mind taking this medication because it was helping me, but latel I have bee experiencing a metalic taste in my mouth & smell, it makes me sick and its hard for me to eat anything.

12/22/2008 10:15:32 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I have mild crohns disease and extream irritable bowel. I am on Entecort and that has worked for several months but my symptoms came back. I have extream bloating without the ability to release, cramping, all those nasty things people like us experience. This drug has really helped but I am not sure for how long.