Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Mucinex DM oral.

7/25/2014 6:40:43 PM

Reviewer: Will never take again, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    I will never take this again. My throat has been swollen ever since and I have had a very difficult time swallowing. I was up all night and sought medical attention from my ENT.

6/25/2014 3:02:08 PM

Reviewer: Wiser for the experience, 65-74 Female (Patient)

Comment:
    After one pill, my work was slowed to a crawl, thinking became extremely dull, sleepy, muscle weakness. Three hours later I stood up from my desk and right away felt dizzy, cold, clammy, nauseous, managed to stagger to the bath room and vomited. Immediately felt better, I think because I threw up what was left of the Mucinex DM. There was not even warnings on the package. What if I were driving a ... Show Full Comment

6/23/2014 2:21:30 PM

Reviewer: Yup24, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    My coughing fits have lessened since taking Mucinex DM, however I feel like I am high, drowsy, and have diarrhea. I'll take something else next time I have a cough, not worth it.

5/7/2014 2:25:56 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    Persistent cough with no mucous being expectorated!!! One pill left me sleepless and jittery, and unable to control terrible and painful coughing fits- with ZERO mucous getting expectorated! I now have SEVERE throat pain, an acute inability to swallow, and painful, uncontrollable fit of wheezing.

4/29/2014 6:43:00 PM

Reviewer: BrooklynMom, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    I took 2 20mL doses to quiet a cough that was making a back sprain even more painful: The first 20mL at 7 pm, and the second 20 mL at 11pm. I woke up at 2am, relieved that I was not coughing, but aware that I help loopy. When I got out of bed at 6am, I noticed that I still felt loopy and lightheaded. I fainted and fell straight backwards onto my tile floor, resulting in a scalp laceration that req ... Show Full Comment