Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Mucinex DM Oral.

9/18/2008 2:53:23 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
When I had bronchitis a year ago, this is what the doctor told me to use. She gave me a cough syrup for my sore throat, but this is what was supposed to make me better. Honestly, didn't give it much of a chance. But when I thought I was coming down with bronchitis again this week, I took it. It worked! I did experience some drowsiness.

9/12/2008 1:45:29 PM

Reviewer: Rabbit77, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I was getting over a bad cold but the chest congestion and cough wouldn't go away. This made me a little bit spacey but no moreso than does Sudafed, or most other cold meds (and I was sleep-deprived, anyway, because I'd been awake, coughing, for two nights). It made my mouth and throat a bit dry, and taking 2/day made my urine smell like the pills, which freaked me out! That stopped onc ... Show Full Comment

9/11/2008 10:32:55 AM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
My congestion was so bad I couldn't cough anything up and chest was tight. Took 1 dose of Mucinex DM and it started clearing up the congestion within 1-1/2 to 2 hours. Could breathe again. Was drowzy but welcomed this as I know rest is the best thing when sick with the flu. I would recommend this for anyone who is looking for congestion relief.

8/29/2008 12:33:32 AM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months

Comment:
This medicine loosened up the mucus that was inside my throat/chest. I thought it worked better than the medicine that the doctor prescribed for me to take. I usually experience drowsiness with other medicines but not with Mucinex. The only con is I experienced dry mouth a little. Just drink lots of fluids because it is worth it!

8/27/2008 5:28:16 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Male

Comment:
Seemed to work fine in clearing out the unwanted mucus when I'm sick. I've never experienced any side effects.

highlighted areas of the brain
How well do you know yours?
mature woman with serious expression
What do you know?
Separate fact from fiction.