Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Mucinex DM Oral.

8/23/2008 1:49:55 PM

Comment:
My cough was extremely disturbing and even painful, I couldn't sleep or even carry out a conversation. I took Mucinex, and the relief came within an hour or so, but the dizziness and weakness... oh, wow! I care for a 2-year-old child, and I was completely unable to continue with my day, all I could do was to lay in bed. BE VERY CAREFUL ABOUT THE SIDE EFFECTS! The bottle and the box don't l ... Show Full Comment

6/13/2008 9:15:59 PM

Reviewer: 75 or over Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
After taking the recommended dose, 2 tablets it loosed the mucus, BUT within 1 hour I had REALLY loose, watery, yellow, uncontrolable bowls!!! Would NEVER take it again.

6/2/2008 8:49:22 PM

Reviewer: burlhicks, 25-34 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
It gave me a severe rash over my entire body. Very itchy and uncomfortable.

4/4/2008 12:29:14 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I just took one before work in the morning. It seems to be breaking up the congestion and loosening the cough, but the drowsiness and general "out of it" feeling is affecting my ability to work. I usually don't suffer side effects from other medications, so this is a little disconcerting.

3/2/2008 12:44:06 PM

Reviewer: cjdj79, 45-54 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Had I taken this at 6am instead of 6pm I would have been unable to function at work or drive. Within 30 minutes of taking I felt tired. within 90 minutes I was unable to stay awake. I slept for 11 hours. 17 hours later I'm coming out of my fog. But, the drug worked. Urge to cough almost gone. Nose clear. Ears, are partially plugged, though.