Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Mucinex DM oral.

2/8/2008 3:41:26 PM

Reviewer: 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
In May 2007, I took Mucinex DM for persistent cough & congestion. I had also been taking Prozac for mild depression for 8 yrs. Never any side-effects. Never manic-depressive/mania. I began having double vision & went into a manic episode. Horrible, very frightening. Upon later research, I found that dextromethorphan can cause serious side effects such as the above. This product shou ... Show Full Comment

2/5/2008 3:06:33 AM

Comment:
The Mucinex DM I am taking is working pretty well at breaking up my chest congestion. I have been getting tension head aches from the urge to cough without producing anything. The med is helping. However, it is making me REALLY dizzy and loopy. I took it before bed and then had a hard time waking up. Once I was awake I felt really out of it.

1/13/2008 1:47:14 AM

Reviewer: Scott, 25-34 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I used the maximum strength version of Mucinex DM. This drug made me VERY dizzy, nervous and tired. It makes you think something else is wrong with you! I felt like that for the entire time I was on the drug. However, it really does help with mucus. I had no side effects with the regular Mucinex.

1/1/2008 8:22:00 PM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
This medication has worked very well at breaking up my congestion and helping me get major relief from tht coughing.--Bronchitis

12/6/2007 10:40:23 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Great to treat a nasty cough, but left me so dizzy and out of it I could not function.

How to keep flares at bay.
spinal compression fracture