Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Tysabri intravenous.

12/30/2008 1:24:07 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
Diagnosed in 2004. Scheduled to start Tysabri when it was withdrawn from market. Began on Copaxone with no results. Relapses every three months. Started Tysabri when I was able to find a neuro who would prescribe after it's return to market. I had an MRI before first infusion. Start delayed a month so I could do steroids for increased enhancing lesions and relapse. Began Tysabri and have had 2 ... Show Full Comment

12/29/2008 7:57:15 PM

Reviewer: hotczech, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
Just took my 14th infusion. My sx are much less severe than the other ABC drugs, but by the 4th week, I'm hurting and definately feel it wearing off. I've noticed I bleed alot more now when I get a nick or cut & bruise more easily as well. Overall, i'm very satisfied.

12/17/2008 11:18:24 AM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I was initially diagnosed with MS in Dec 2006. I had over 2 dozen lesions in my brain and a couple in each of the cervical and thoracic spine region when I was first diagnosed. I was on Copaxone for 6 months and it did not help as a I gained a few more lesions in my spine. My only side effect from Tysabri was in the first couple of doses when my stomach was sore. I recently had MRIs done of al ... Show Full Comment

12/16/2008 5:29:26 PM

Reviewer: Susan, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have been on Tysabri since Jan. 2007. I have had one small relapse since starting treatement. I have had 1 MRI that showed no disease progression. This drug has done everything it said it would. It has slowed down my disease progression for the time being. I generally have no side effects. When I first started the drug I would get headaches on the day of infusion, but that has stopped.

11/8/2008 3:39:53 PM

Reviewer: rightboutnow@yahoo.com, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I am a 25yr old mother of 2 daughters under 3, started trtmt in March08. I have not had any post iv reactions, nor any side-affects due to the medication. On my Fifth infusion, the vein used to infuse blew up to about the size of a gumball from those 25cent machines. Took about a week to decrease in size and about 2 and 1/2 wks to have the pain go away. I think this is the vein becoming "fati ... Show Full Comment