Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Gentak Opht.

10/9/2013 10:22:49 PM

Reviewer: 65-74 Female (Patient)

Comment:
It is very difficult to have this very thick ointment slide into the eye with out a lot of waste and it is impossible to keep the tube from touching the eyelid. One needs to use the end of the tube to make it stay in the eye lid. Not a pleasant experience. I am using it only once a day because of this. Why is it not supplied in drops?

9/8/2011 5:32:41 PM

Reviewer: Indite_this, 19-24 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I had a horrible stye on my left upper eyelid. It turned into a white head after applying a warm compress. I got this stuff for prescription and put it on and after 30 minutes it bursted on its own. This stuff works for me!

4/4/2010 9:58:06 AM

Comment:
Went to the doctor, my eye was starting to get swollen and it hurt a little when i blinked. He said nothing was wrong, to take this gentamicin sulfate and applyu heat to my eye. the next morning I woke up with a shut and swollen eye. It was so bad that my eye brow was doing the quizzical raise. I'm not sure if it would be any better than airplane glue.

3/15/2010 4:19:09 PM

Reviewer: Beavis, 35-44 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I had an ear infection for over a year. The Doc tried several oral courses of anti-biotics finaly tried these drops, 4 drops twice a day for a week infection was gone.

2/2/2010 9:06:55 PM

Reviewer: Fire in the eye, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I was prescribed this medicine for a stye in one eye. I stopped wearing my contacts and all makeup for this treatment. My eyes by the 3rd day looked like slits, like they were closing up. On the 4th day, it felt like fire touched my eyes when I put the ointment on and my eyes have been irritated and burning even though I stopped using the medicine...today is day 6 and my eyes are not any better an ... Show Full Comment