Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Lunesta oral.

6/24/2016 8:09:08 AM

Reviewer: Amybee, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
    It doesn't work consistently for me. After taking it, I still wake often during the night and have extremely vivid dreams. I take it sometimes with my usual Klonopin and don't think my sleep is any better on the nights I add in the Lunesta. I take 3 mg but have taken 6 mg before, which has been more effective but not recommended.

4/22/2016 5:11:09 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
    The generic for Lunesta works great for me if I have an empty stomach. If I have eaten dairy, I need to wait 4-6 hours before it will be effective. I need to wait at least 3 hours after eating anything of much substance in order for it to work. I can eat fruit and veggies within 3 hours of bedtime, and it will work. It makes me feel relaxed and a tiny bit sleepy. It's not as strong as drugs li ... Show Full Comment

4/9/2016 11:18:02 PM

Reviewer: Miranda, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    Lunesta had absolutely no effect on me. A sugar pill would have done more to me.

10/19/2015 12:39:26 AM

Reviewer: LynnHtoo, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
    Lunesta has been the only sleep aid that's worked for me for 8+ years. Ambien gave me heart palpitations & other drugs like Resoril would put me to sleep but I'd still wake up after a few hours & be wide awake. Even before Lunesta had a generic come out, the cost was worth it to me - no way to work full time (40-60 hrs per week) on little to no sleep! I have the after taste, too, ... Show Full Comment

9/24/2015 11:20:44 AM

Reviewer: specialteach, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    It takes a little longer to fall asleep than with Ambien, but I like that I remember everything before I fall asleep. The taste is such a turn off, so I started taking it with applesauce and I don't have that problem anymore.