Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Lunesta oral.

10/4/2007 9:41:51 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
After 4 years (and several other medications) of only averaging 2-3 hours sleep every 2-3 days (Obviously omitting periods of extreme fatigue hospitaliztions when drug induced sleep was used). My Dr. told me to try the 3mg version of Lunesta. From the first day and for almost 3 months now I have averaged 7-9 hours sleep every day feeling totally refreshed and rested and with 10 times the energy I ... Show Full Comment

10/1/2007 5:15:15 PM

Reviewer: buttercup, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
It has left a nasty taste in my mouth and sinus from 20 min. from taking it until about 1pm the next day. I still wake up through out the night but have gotten better sleep in between waking up.

9/28/2007 2:15:48 AM

Reviewer: purplern, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
If I take this RIGHT before bed, it does a fine job. If I take it more than 1/2 hour before bed, it is like I have not taken anything at all. My biggest complaint is that it leaves a horrible taste in my mouth that will last into the next day. I do like it over something like ativan because it does not make me feel "hungover" in the morning. If I have the required 7-8 hours to devote ... Show Full Comment

9/24/2007 7:40:09 PM

Reviewer: hope7951, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
This med backfired on me when prescribed for bipolar sleep problems. Instead of sleep, I laid awake in a buzz for more than 40 hours. This med may work for healthy people but needs to be used with caution for those with bipolar disorder.

9/24/2007 7:04:57 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I have severe depression and sleep apnea . once I take it , in about an hour , I doze off and I sleep soundly all night .