Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Boniva Oral.

7/30/2008 9:56:39 AM

Reviewer: cshanky, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I have taken Boniva monthly for two months. I have experienced almost every side effect there is listed with back and chest pain being the most prominent. The gastro effects were awful also. I agree with the reviewer that the FDA must take a another look at approving such a drug! I will never take it again and will really explore my next options.

7/24/2008 5:50:10 PM

Reviewer: kgart004, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I have been taking Boniva once a month for last 6 months. I am 54 and never had bone pain before in my life. Since taking my last dose, I am experiencing bone pain in my long bones of both legs. It seems to go from one place to another. I also have some sort of gastro problem. If I eat certain foods, I will have pain over my entire abdomen that lasts about 1-2 hours. I am not sure about the g ... Show Full Comment

6/11/2008 1:13:28 PM

Reviewer: Ann, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
took boniva 150 mg. on 6/2/08- next day had extreme muscle pain in shoulders, arms, and now it's moved to one of my legs. Frustrating because I am very active and can hardly walk now. I'll never take this drug again.

5/29/2008 5:35:28 PM

Reviewer: bnkroll, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I experienced flu-like symptoms that began on the 2nd day after taking my dose. Yesterday I couldn't even get out of bed. Upper abdominal pain persists. I will never take this medication again.

5/27/2008 8:38:32 PM

Reviewer: 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
muscle soreness,joint pain,throat problems [felt] like there was something in my throat which was very ,very uncomfortable.Also severe back pain between shoulder blades