Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Boniva oral.

5/29/2008 5:35:28 PM

Reviewer: bnkroll, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I experienced flu-like symptoms that began on the 2nd day after taking my dose. Yesterday I couldn't even get out of bed. Upper abdominal pain persists. I will never take this medication again.

5/27/2008 8:38:32 PM

Reviewer: 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
muscle soreness,joint pain,throat problems [felt] like there was something in my throat which was very ,very uncomfortable.Also severe back pain between shoulder blades

5/25/2008 5:46:29 PM

Reviewer: Carol, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I am a 54 yr old female. Took Boniva for 11 months. There is not one part of my body that was adversely affected. I feel as though I been swallowing poison every month. I was in fact! I have been off almost 2 mths; Still no improvement. Please warn everyone you know about this drug.The benefits,if any, are certainly not worth the pain and agony this drug will put you through.

5/21/2008 8:41:47 PM

Reviewer: cathy, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have been taking Boniva 150 mg for over 1 year. Each month I continue to have bone/joint pain. Most recently I experienced severe hand and finger, foot and toe pain. The pain in my fingers is so severe that the joints appear to be swollen. Really want to stop this drug and take my chances with broken bones.... I can truly say that all the pain, reflux and indigestion is really not worth the bene ... Show Full Comment

5/16/2008 1:59:35 PM

Reviewer: whaleycc, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I have taken once a month Boniva for 9 months. I have continued to decline in digestive and intestinal health. My days begin with a normal bowel movement and escalate into diarhea. Food intolerance has increased significantly. Presently I am being tested for Celiac disease and irritable bowel syndrome. I do not know if this drug has benefited my osteoporosis or not since I have not been re-sc ... Show Full Comment