Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Boniva Oral.

5/13/2008 11:03:11 AM

Reviewer: Alice, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I have been on Boniva, once a month drug for two months now. The second day after taking the first dose I developed severe muscle and joint pain and felt like I had the flu. This lasted for four days before feeling some relief. After taking the second pill, I experienced more aches and pains, especially in my neck, arms and back. I couldn't raise my arms above my shoulders. That was a wee ... Show Full Comment

5/12/2008 1:27:38 PM

Reviewer: Mb, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Within one day of taking Boniva, I developed excruciating bone pain in my back. I was unable to walk or lie down for 3 days. I am 56 years old. One week later, the pain is still extreme and constant. I would not recommend this drug to ANYONE.

5/8/2008 2:49:27 PM

Reviewer: pilotappraiser, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
First dose 9/07. Experienced some reflux but it would subside. 8 months later, I am experiencing extreme reflux, trouble swallowing, bone pain, flu symptons. These more severe symptoms began 5 days after most recent dose. Saw doctor today and told him NO MORE!! He has now prescribed Evista...we'll see.

4/17/2008 11:39:13 PM

Reviewer: Joan, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
After being on this for 2 years, my bone density in my spine was back to normal. I did experience sever bone/muscle pain.

4/8/2008 5:35:55 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I've taken Boniva for almost 2 years and am very pleased with the results. I took Fosamax for 2 years and it worked fine but I like the ease of only having to take it once a month. I wait 2 hours after I take it before I eat or drink anything and take it with plenty of water. So far so good.

How to keep flares at bay.
spinal compression fracture