Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Boniva Oral.

5/8/2008 2:49:27 PM

Reviewer: pilotappraiser, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
First dose 9/07. Experienced some reflux but it would subside. 8 months later, I am experiencing extreme reflux, trouble swallowing, bone pain, flu symptons. These more severe symptoms began 5 days after most recent dose. Saw doctor today and told him NO MORE!! He has now prescribed Evista...we'll see.

4/17/2008 11:39:13 PM

Reviewer: Joan, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
After being on this for 2 years, my bone density in my spine was back to normal. I did experience sever bone/muscle pain.

4/8/2008 5:35:55 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I've taken Boniva for almost 2 years and am very pleased with the results. I took Fosamax for 2 years and it worked fine but I like the ease of only having to take it once a month. I wait 2 hours after I take it before I eat or drink anything and take it with plenty of water. So far so good.

2/25/2008 3:59:33 PM

Reviewer: Michele, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I am now in my 3rd year of taking Boniva (monthly). My bone density has showed a marked improvement after taking for one year. I have not had any side effects from this drug. I am back to having my bone density tests every 2 years. I have been very pleased with my results.

1/30/2008 1:45:23 AM

Reviewer: pain1948, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
took first dose of actonel on Dec. 30 2007 that night I had chills and flu like symptoms including sore throat, bad muscle pain, went to dr. told me I had bronchitis, I was just getting over my cough. obgyn doc told me to try boniva took it on Jan30 2008 and now I feel the same as a month ago I will not take this pill again or recomend it to anyone.