Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Boniva Oral.

2/25/2008 3:59:33 PM

Reviewer: Michele, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I am now in my 3rd year of taking Boniva (monthly). My bone density has showed a marked improvement after taking for one year. I have not had any side effects from this drug. I am back to having my bone density tests every 2 years. I have been very pleased with my results.

1/30/2008 1:45:23 AM

Reviewer: pain1948, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
took first dose of actonel on Dec. 30 2007 that night I had chills and flu like symptoms including sore throat, bad muscle pain, went to dr. told me I had bronchitis, I was just getting over my cough. obgyn doc told me to try boniva took it on Jan30 2008 and now I feel the same as a month ago I will not take this pill again or recomend it to anyone.

1/27/2008 10:08:49 AM

Reviewer: susan , 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
Taken as prescribed, w/full glass of water, before my hour walk in the AM, I have had no problems at all. I can't speak to the effectiveness until a year of treatment has gone by but it is certainly easy to use.

1/26/2008 8:34:03 PM

Reviewer: Mary , 65-74 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
Since taking boniva for about a year I developed Burning tongue Syndrome. Could it be caused by this drug? HELP!

1/3/2008 5:27:20 PM

Reviewer: Debbie, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Started my first does of Boniva on Jan. 1, 2008. That night I started with chills, fever, and severe body aches. And any place I had any type of mild arthritis showed increased pain. I am walking and getting up from a seated position like my 80 yr. old mother. this has been going on for two days now. I called my doctor and he said that I had a bad reaction to the med and to expect to recover ... Show Full Comment

How to keep flares at bay.
spinal compression fracture