Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Boniva oral.

1/4/2014 8:32:43 AM

Reviewer: 75 or over Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
    Since I started taking this medication I have not lost any more inches and I get a better reading on my bone density tests. I have a problem in paying for this medication and most of the health plans are still charging a higher price for both Boniva and the generic.

12/29/2013 7:09:22 AM

Reviewer: WLW, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    Took one pill. My arthritis in my one finger is double the size with pain & swelling I never had...this joint was the only one in my body that has arthritis. I have been on a heating pad for one week with muscle pain in ribs & spine. I am a 56 year old that has always been pain free. I am stopping this drug immediately and starting to eat better, take my calcium supplements regularly w ... Show Full Comment

12/27/2013 8:37:47 AM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    I took first dose, no issues. Second dose caused swelling of my face. Left side looks like I was punched below my eye. Effecting my vision too. Three days later, I am still having limited facial movement on lift side. Still swollen under eye. Hoping this resolves. Will not take another dose.

12/3/2013 7:14:48 AM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    Took my first pill, 24 hrs later very tired & had chills which were tolerable.. 36 hrs out of nowhere developed severe burning pain in joints & muscles like I've never experienced, can hardly move. Afraid to take another dose and hope these pains subside soon.

5/4/2013 7:56:21 AM

Reviewer: Granny512p6pfw, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    I have looked but can't find info on hot false after starting this drug.Had a hysteromy 22 years ago now that I'm on Boniva for the last 4 months the last 3months I have been having Hot Flashes. Thinking about discontinueing I can't stand the Hf. But have a severe bone loss.