Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Boniva oral.

11/20/2007 2:30:42 PM

Reviewer: workinggrandma, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
After one dose (following two months using Actonel Oral weekly), I experienced sore throat, difficulty swallowing and chest pains in addition to the random bone and joint pains.

11/12/2007 12:18:28 PM

Reviewer: Socks, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I took the Boniva Pill on the first of the month at 5AM by 7:30PM I started with pain in my knees and ankles. The following day I felt like I got hit by a Truck. By the fifth day I could not even walk. I was hospitalized for 3 days, and I'm still having weakness in my arms and legs. I'm now waiting to do Physical Therapy at home. I will never take or recomend this med to anyone.

11/10/2007 3:33:16 PM

Reviewer: slk123, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I just started on a monthly regimen of Boniva for Osteopenia and within a week of taking the medication, I have developed flu-like symptoms such as: joint pain, muscle soreness, stiffness, back & neck pain, and chest pain. I will be seeing my family doctor this Monday to rule out flu, but I don't think this medication is for me. The side effects kept me out of my job for 3 days. I couldn ... Show Full Comment

10/26/2007 1:17:01 AM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I have used Boniva for three months and so far so good. I tried Actanol and Fosamex with side effects of joint and chest pains. I hope this continues to work for me.

9/27/2007 7:17:24 PM

Reviewer: Donna, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I have taken this drug two months, and have developed gastric reflux which is waking me up several times at night. After reporting this to my doctor, he has said to discontinue the drug and see if the reflux problem subsides. I never had experienced this problem on a nightly basis before. I'm pretty sure it's the Boniva.