Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Symlin subcutaneous.

8/8/2011 1:08:12 AM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female (Patient)

Comment:
I have taken 30 units for 4 months. I have lost 15 lbs and decreased insulin by 1/3. Before symlin, after meal BS would be 200-300. Now after meals, BS range is 130-170. Because of fatigue, I do not take if I am driving after a meal. Sometimes I feel nauseated, but the benefits are worth the occasional side effects.

4/20/2011 11:50:17 AM

Reviewer: curlyq, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I am 37 years old, have been type 1 for 13 years. Have always ate well and exercised. Symlin has helped with my post meal BS and I have also lost the last 10 lbs I wanted to lose. Although, I am wondering if it has made me lose muscle?? I am afraid I will keep losing weight and do not want to lose more. My bra size has gone down too far!! Anyone else??

2/4/2010 1:56:36 PM

Reviewer: Colbysnana, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I started this med to help conquer my insulin resistance which I developed after 44 years. I am taking it in conjunction with a dietary and excercise program. However, the side effects-nausea,extreme fatigue and increased irritability are really bothering me. Has anyone else experienced the faigue and mood changes?

10/28/2009 11:41:51 AM

Reviewer: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Symlin has helped me lower my blood sugar, but I have had strange side effects that are very disruptive. I get very nauseated and feel like I'm going to vomit, but I also get chills and it makes me nervous/shaky inside and I end up gritting my teeth. This lasts for approx 3 hours. I have lost weight, but the above symptoms have been quite disruptive to my productivity in general.

6/12/2009 2:04:45 PM

Reviewer: shaboingy, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I used this medication for 1 month and it does give a full feeling but a couple of hours later i seemed crae sweets and Dr's couldn't tell if its related but 1 month after taking this drug 120 units each dose I had a seizure with bg of only 60. Now I'm taking 30 each meal and its working well.