Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Byetta SubQ.

10/9/2007 11:04:40 AM

Reviewer: 45-54 Male on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
dramatic reduction in a1c - from 8.0 to 5.9 from month 6 to month 9 of treatment, after oral meds were losing their effectiveness. Byetta replaced Actos in my regimen (also take glipizide and metformin, plus quinapril for kidneys). At month 9, following the 5.9 a1c, have cut in half the glipizide treatment. Appetite controlled, have lost nearly 20 lb from my starting 230, feel wonderful about that ... Show Full Comment

10/4/2007 11:37:04 PM

Reviewer: zeborah harmon, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
None

10/4/2007 3:33:05 PM

Reviewer: tnjrichter, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I have used Byetta for almost 8 months and I love it. My doctor & I have spent so many years trying to get by b/s under control and this is the only med that has worked. The only complaint I have is that every pen is different; my body reacts differently. I have learned that the first 2 days of the new pen can be miserable but I learn what and when I can eat. My heart medication has been cut i ... Show Full Comment

10/4/2007 2:43:44 PM

Reviewer: veronica, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Although I've only been on Byetta for a month, I've noticed a great improvement in my glucose levels. I haven't experienced any nausea and have less of an appetite. It has taken time to adjust to the injections though.

10/4/2007 10:15:19 AM

Reviewer: sweet pea, 55-64 Male on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have been on Byetta for 14 mo. and i have lost 103 lbs. with hard work and watching what i eat every meal. I wk out at the gym 5 or 6 times a wk. and for 45 mins. to an hour.my son has helped me a lot.