Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Mysoline Oral.

12/18/2008 11:52:43 AM

Reviewer: drob, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have been on Mysoline for about 6 years. I started with 50 mgs. twice a day. I now take 100mgs. three times a day. It helps some but diffinately does not control the tremors. I was on beta blockers until my heart rate dropped to low. I tried topamax, but for me it was awful.

12/14/2008 6:15:33 PM

Reviewer: purple lady, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I am taking this med prescribed by my neurologist. Every time I took it for a week before increasing the dosage to 100mg, I got headaches almost every day. Now, I seem to be really cluzy (can't walk straight, almost trip, fallen twice). The tremors only go away in the morning when I take the med. It wears off by about 4pm. I had to be put back on propranolol to try and stop the headaches. T ... Show Full Comment

12/12/2008 2:46:36 PM

Reviewer: navynerd, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I have essential tremors in my hands, spreading to my legs, and I have been taking mysoline prescribed from a military facility. It has been mildly effective, and we are working on titrating it up, but I am experiencing headaches with this one. I am unable to take Beta Blockers for this (diabetic).

11/25/2008 2:48:10 PM

Reviewer: eisiejr, 65-74 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
After taking the initial dosage as prescribed, I almost immediately went into a sleep pattern for 3 days, not being able to stand, suffering severe vertigo and nausea. It took my body almost a week to fully return to normal. My physician advised that I cease taking the medication,

10/31/2008 3:20:50 PM

Reviewer: HiMileageJim, 65-74 Male on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
My neurologist calls my condition benign tremors. Started with a very low dosage to adjust to the drug. I've been on a 100 mg dosage for over two years. The drugs works very well. No tremors and no side effects. Every drug should work this well.

highlighted areas of the brain
How well do you know yours?
mature woman with serious expression
What do you know?
Separate fact from fiction.