Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Ambien CR oral.

10/8/2013 8:22:30 PM

Reviewer: Mike, 25-34 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
My doctor prescribed 12.5MG Ambien CR for a sleep study. It had very little effect. I took it at 10:30PM and didn't fall asleep until 2:00AM. I still only got 3.5 hours of sleep. That's not the worst part. The entire following day my heart rate skyrocketed to 130BPM, even when I sat down it was around 105MPB. Insane diarrhea, I literally went 5 times. Nausea, felt like I was going to vomit ... Show Full Comment

9/23/2013 11:26:42 PM

Reviewer: tonijeanwentz@gmail.com, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
Most of the time I have no problem,but every once in a great while I have a hard time sleeping. Other than that,this stuff is great.

8/4/2013 3:51:16 AM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
This medication had horrible side effects! I was sleep eating and carrying on conversations with no knowledge of what I was doing. I highly do NOT recommend this sleep aide.

7/17/2013 8:26:07 AM

Reviewer: dolsgirl, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
It's 5:20AM & I'm still awake. I had been on Ambien CR 12.5 mg for about two years (was on something else previous to that for many years, >10 ) and the recommendation came out saying women should only get half the dosage which went into immediate effect. I didn't notice the difference for about a week but since then sleep is elusive to me. I also have been diagnosed in the past ... Show Full Comment

6/17/2013 12:28:53 AM

Reviewer: shelby56, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I took ONE Ambien and woke the next morning to find I had a hole burned in my bedspread the size of a dinner plate. With NO memory of doing it, I must have gotten up and walked 20 ft. to my bathroom-and back and lit a cigarette, took it back to bed with me (I never smoked in bed before) and fell back asleep with it still lit. I am lucky to be alive. I flushed the remaining 30 Ambien's down the ... Show Full Comment