Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Apidra subcutaneous.

5/25/2016 9:34:08 PM

Reviewer: Rckymtnhkr65, 45-54 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    I have been using Humalog in my insulin pump for the past 16 years, until my insurance wouldn't cover it. They switched me to Apidra, and it's awful. I've been getting symptoms of lows (headache, rapid heartbeat) with highs. I have to use MUCH more of it than Humalog, and its response is unpredictable. Hate it.

12/20/2015 6:51:24 AM

Reviewer: halford_tenark, 45-54 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    I took Apidra for 1 month. My glucose readings were very high. I've used novolog for years. It does not start working within 45-60 min. Starts lowering around the 2 hour mark and goes for 4 hours. Great when you are eating pizza! Bad if you expect it to work like Novalog or Humlog

5/2/2015 9:36:57 AM

Reviewer: 3-6 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Caregiver)

Comment:
    My 3 year old son was taking Novolog for the longest time had no issues with them till his insurance wouldn't cover it anymore, He had to try Apidra before we could learn about Humalog pen so his insurance would approve it. Apidra did not work at all in fact his sugar went up!

2/13/2014 7:27:51 PM

Reviewer: tlockhart, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    I had taken Humalog regular for almost 5 years and unfortunately my insurance no longer will cover it and I was told all I can use is Apidra. Since I started Apidra I have been hospitalized 4 times for dka. Not because of high sugars but I was constantly taking the Apidra to lower my sugars but it took so very much just to lower my sugars just a little bit. I would never recommend this insulin to ... Show Full Comment

5/6/2012 1:46:09 AM

Reviewer: CRABBO71, 65-74 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    I HAVE BEEN A DIABETIC FOR YEARS AND WAS ON HUMULIN 70/30 AFTER GETTING OFF ACTOSE MY INSULIN NEEDS GREW.. MY DR. PUT ME ON LVEMIR AND APIDRA..THE LEVEMIR DOES NOT WORK BUT THE APIDRA DOES,,ALTHO I AM STILL TRYING IT OUT TO SEE HOW MUCH I NEED...