Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Apidra subcutaneous.

1-5 of 5
2/13/2014 7:27:51 PM

Reviewer: tlockhart, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I had taken Humalog regular for almost 5 years and unfortunately my insurance no longer will cover it and I was told all I can use is Apidra. Since I started Apidra I have been hospitalized 4 times for dka. Not because of high sugars but I was constantly taking the Apidra to lower my sugars but it took so very much just to lower my sugars just a little bit. I would never recommend this insulin to ... Show Full Comment

5/6/2012 1:46:09 AM

Reviewer: CRABBO71, 65-74 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I HAVE BEEN A DIABETIC FOR YEARS AND WAS ON HUMULIN 70/30 AFTER GETTING OFF ACTOSE MY INSULIN NEEDS GREW.. MY DR. PUT ME ON LVEMIR AND APIDRA..THE LEVEMIR DOES NOT WORK BUT THE APIDRA DOES,,ALTHO I AM STILL TRYING IT OUT TO SEE HOW MUCH I NEED...

4/2/2011 9:22:38 AM

Reviewer: Huntress, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I have also recently switched to Apidra (6 weeks) and the results have been amazing. This insulin is great. It seems to be more effective and I am using it permanently now.

1/27/2008 12:32:25 AM

Reviewer: cueball915, 25-34 Male on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have been a type 1 for 20 years and have been on many insulins but apidra rocks it works the best

11/21/2007 8:58:21 AM

Reviewer: Coswewan2, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Although I had a period of adjustment during the first 3 weeks of using Apidra, I love it. I am on less insulin than previously. My duration of action is 3 hours and it was 4 hours BUT the uptake of insulin is greater in the first hour when you need it for rice and odd things like that. I love it. Thanks

1-5 of 5