Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Levemir subQ.

3/27/2015 10:21:56 AM

Reviewer: Tom, 45-54 Male on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
After having tried multiple oral and injectables for my diabetes, the doctor decided to try the Levemir Flextouch. It began working within a couple of days. Prior to initiation of this medicine I had multiple side effects and my A1C continued to be high. Now...virtually no side effects, my sugar is under control and my A1C is below 6. something that has not happened in years. Great medication ... Show Full Comment

8/3/2014 6:52:36 PM

Reviewer: Sabra, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I've been a type 2 diabetic for 8 years now and I've never been controlled. I started out on Metformin and then they added Glipizide 4 months ago. After my last A1C I started talking to my Dc about other alternatives. She had samples of Leveimir and in the 3 weeks I've been on it my sugars have dropped from 348 average down to 130. I'm not sleepy all the time. I've been watchin ... Show Full Comment

5/25/2014 3:23:08 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I was on Lantus insulin for several years and taking a dose of 35 units a day. My blood sugar levels ran from 80 to 100. Now my provider has made me switch to Levemir and I'm currently taking 60 units a day with blood sugar levels never dropping below 200. I'm not sure what to do since I'm taking almost twice as much and still having extremely high numbers.

11/1/2013 6:19:58 PM

Reviewer: tex, 65-74 Male on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Caregiver)

Comment:
My wife has been on Levemir for about 3 years.20 units at 8:pm & 23 units at 8:am. blood sugar 80 to 120 depending on exercise and calories.

7/18/2013 10:32:09 AM

Reviewer: Saphyre Star, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
My sugars are all over the place from 95 up to 540. Can't stand the burning and the red lumps and itching at injection site. There is a discount card that Levemir and lantus gives you. Also, I switched to Target instead of Walmart. Walmart did not know how to use the discount card and argued with me. The discount card is used after your co pay and saves alot of money.