Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of levemir subq.

7/3/2012 4:27:47 PM

Reviewer: Frank, 55-64 Male on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
Have used both Levemir and Lantus. I find no difference in effectiveness. I take 15 units once a day and Humalog at each meal 3-5 units. Also take 2000 mg of metformin. HbA1c stable at around 7.2. Normally in the 100 to 200 range. Only over 200 if I eat a big meal or large snack. No problems with going too low. Works good for me.

6/24/2012 11:09:02 PM

Reviewer: tideflash, 45-54 Male on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I have been using levimer for 8 months. I also use glimiperide and metformin pills. When I went on Levimer my blood sugar readings were as high as 390. Now they range from 114 average and as low as 85 if I have a very small meal in the evening. My weight has only fluctuated a few pounds. The injections using a needle and vial are usually okay but rarely will hurt if I inject into a harder muscul ... Show Full Comment

6/19/2012 12:23:44 PM

Reviewer: Alphadog, 55-64 Male on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I switched from Lantus 2 years ago because of painful injection at the site. I have had the best experience by taking 20u in AM and 20u PM. as long as I DON'T EAT High carb food within 2 hrs of sleeoing (that bedtime bowl of cereal had to go) I consistantly wake up with an 80 to 100 count. My A1C has also maintained 6.7 to 6.9. Very happy with product.

5/27/2012 9:26:00 PM

Reviewer: Levinsonbill, 65-74 Male on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
Is this similar to Lantus?

2/28/2012 5:01:21 PM

Reviewer: PittyPat, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Started taking Levemir 1/1/12. It has helped me to loose a few pounds. I find that if I eat more than I should, I get nauseaus (extremely) but if I eat smaller portions I don't get that feeling. So I am eating amaller portions and dropping some weight, a good thing for me. I will continue taking it, used to use Humalog every few hours, using the Levemir 1 sometimes 2 times a day. Made it thro ... Show Full Comment

man rubbing painful knee