Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of levemir subq.

6/19/2012 12:23:44 PM

Reviewer: Alphadog, 55-64 Male on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I switched from Lantus 2 years ago because of painful injection at the site. I have had the best experience by taking 20u in AM and 20u PM. as long as I DON'T EAT High carb food within 2 hrs of sleeoing (that bedtime bowl of cereal had to go) I consistantly wake up with an 80 to 100 count. My A1C has also maintained 6.7 to 6.9. Very happy with product.

5/27/2012 9:26:00 PM

Reviewer: Levinsonbill, 65-74 Male on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
Is this similar to Lantus?

2/28/2012 5:01:21 PM

Reviewer: PittyPat, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Started taking Levemir 1/1/12. It has helped me to loose a few pounds. I find that if I eat more than I should, I get nauseaus (extremely) but if I eat smaller portions I don't get that feeling. So I am eating amaller portions and dropping some weight, a good thing for me. I will continue taking it, used to use Humalog every few hours, using the Levemir 1 sometimes 2 times a day. Made it thro ... Show Full Comment

2/16/2011 11:51:34 AM

Reviewer: barbara, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Just started on this medication.

12/28/2010 9:57:57 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I used Levemir for about 4 months. I had pain with every injection and developed large bruises and thickened, lumpy skin. The bruising got so severe that my doctor determined I was allergic to the drug and switched me to Humalog.